http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/370/asInline.html

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Why China?

Many people ask, why China? why adoption? I don't know. I don't know. All I can say is that there has been a pull to go there for a very long time and a feeling that our family was just not complete. My 22 year old niece is adopted from Korea so I think I've been thinking about adoption for 22 years! It's been a long road too. We started this process when Anna was 6 months old (she's four now). So for 3 1/2 years we have been on the adoption roller coaster. First the mountain of paperwork (MOUNTAIN), then the SLOW down in Chinese adoptions. We were eventually drawn to the Special Medical Needs program which led us along the path to SiWei, who has a cleft lip/palate. Then another MOUNTAIN of paperwork and more waiting. So here we are..about 6 weeks away and we can hardly believe it.
Anna is so excited. We only told her last week when we were confirmed. I hope this enthusiasm lasts when they are sharing a room. I am superstitious about telling her American name until I actually have SiWei in my arms. So not even Anna knows her name because after all she is a blabbermouth. So I told Anna that we have to give her an "American" name. Somehow she heard, "New York" name so she refers to SiWei as "New York". Isn't there already a reality show about a chick named New York?!

1 comment: