http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/370/asInline.html

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Healing at Home

We came home after two days in the hospital. I was so ready to leave and was using a syringe to get Chloe to drink water. Would you believe it that Anna got a stomach virus the day we were coming home? So Lee and my mom had to schlep her to the Dr to make sure it was Ok for Chloe to be near her. "Just keep them separated" the Dr's said. So Chloe slept in the West Wing and Anna stayed in the guest house.
So far so good.
It was cute to see how happy Chloe was to be home- she hugged Anna and ran around looking at all of the toys. But it's still rough. The food situation is tough. She is supposed to eat only soft foods like yogurt and pureed foods. I am supposed to feed her through a ziploc or with a big spoon so that no utensil touches her palate. She is so stubborn and Independent that she will not let me do that. So she is using a gigantic wok utensil to feed herself. She is drinking lots of Nutripals and yogurts. Poor thing loves to eat- can't wait to see the Dr so we can increase her choices.
Also Chloe won't leave mt side for 5 minutes. Did I mention that I'm a "need my space" kind of girl so, although I understand it, it's starting to drive me nuts. I am sleeping with her and Anna is sleeping with Lee. So I just got up to use the bathroom and in her sleep she "sensed" my absence and started screaming. Ok, ok, this too shall pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment