http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/370/asInline.html

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

More Morphine Please! With a side of red wine!

Poor Chloe...this has been a tough two days. Feels like 12 days. We arrived at LIJ at 8:30 on Monday. In admitting, when they realized that Chloe was adopted they started whispering and then asked us for the adoption papers which I don't carry around with me. They told us we may have to go home and get the papers before surgery. I looked around at the other parents in the waiting room and asked in my most I'm going to shout discrimination voice, "Did all of these other parents have to provide their child's birth certificate?!" I wanted to say that Chloe really isn't adopted, I had an affair but Lee is raising her as his own. Didn't you see us on Maury? Well they didn't pursue it any further.
Then the surgeon was given the wrong time and showed up an hour and a half late.
Surgery lasted for 3 1/2 hours! Yikes. Things went well but Chloe's cleft was really big so time will tell. So far, recovery has been tough. Poor thing- she is just a mess. She's in a tremendous amount of pain and is so uncomfortable. She is getting morphine and Tylenol with codeine. She sleeps, wakes up, cries, sleeps, watches a DVD from her crib, sits in my lap. We couldn't get her to drink enough water today so we are here for another night. As much as I want to go home, Chloe really needs to be here another night. Her little face is swollen and even her eyes are swollen from all of the crying.
I took her for a walk in a stroller, dragging the IV. She liked checking everything out and is trying to come back to life. I told her "Wo a ni" which means "I love you". She usually tries to sign "I love you" but today all she could manage was raising one little finger. So cute. BUT even in all this pain, she is a FIGHTER and I mean that literally. It hurts for her to drink but I am getting tiny amounts in by using a syringe. She fights me tooth and nail. This kid is STRONG..I mean I am not a little petite thing and I struggle with her!!
Thank God for Lee for giving me breaks and getting me food. And for my mom who is taking good care of Anna...again. I hate having to leave Anna even if this time we are on the same island.
Thanks for the good thoughts and prayers....HOME TOMORROW, HOPEFULLY!

1 comment:

  1. Oh C, this just kills me that we aren't there to be physically supporting you guys. Love you all xoxo

    ReplyDelete