http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/370/asInline.html

Friday, March 5, 2010

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I am sitting here watching House Hunters, drinking champagne and enjoying the fact that the PAPER WORK and most of the WAITING is OVER! Yes, it's true we are actually leaving on March 17th for China to get our little Siwei. Can it really be true? In 2 1/2 weeks we will have our daughter.
The waiting will be over.
The paperwork will be over.
Cannot believe it!
Also had a fun day at work. My principle asked me to do this, that and another thing and I did....then I headed back down to the self-contained room where I spend most of my time. It was all a ruse to keep me occupied.
Wait...why is the director of sped standing there? Why are my students mom's standing there?
Why are my colleagues standing in front of a cool fondant covered-polka dot cake (thanks Karen)?
It's a little baby shower for me! And Siwei! How did they pull that off without me knowing? I'm so nosy, I usually figure these things out. It was so nice, so sweet and so thoughtful. And even some presents for Anna. And a very cute and funny instruction manual, written by the kids on how to take care of a baby.
I loved it.

This was in a frame for me..

You Are Mine
by Denise A Johnson

I did not hear your first breath
Nor see your first step
But you are mine

From our hearts to our home
With God's love from above
You are mine

Once a thought in my mind
Only God knew the time
Now you are mine.

4 comments:

  1. How thoughtful of Karen to have planned the celebration and what a beautiful poem! I am looking so forward to following your journey when you are in China and to finally meeting little Siwei. She is one very lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations!!! I am looking forward to following your travel. We went 3/23- 4/9/09 and brought home our son from Nanjing. He is 9 y.o. now and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We wish you a fantastic,magic and great travel to your little pearl.
    Lots of hugs from Belgium
    Patrick,Marina, Linne Hua Shu and Mona Fukai

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Luck and I wish you safe trip to get your baby girl!! Will be thinking of you!!!!!!!! CAnt wait to meet you Siwei! Rachel

    ReplyDelete