http://thecutestblogontheblock.com/free/free-backgrounds/item/370/asInline.html

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Will they serve Guinness March 17 2010

Will they serve Guinness?

Well, here we are spending St Patricks Day on the flight to China...the very loooong flight.  As is the custom it was quite a adventure getting to the airport.  We flew out of Newark because we wanted nonstop and we wanted Continental.  So I called the car services this weekend.  Guess what it costs to have a car pick you up on Long Island and drive you to Newark? I'll tell you...for two people it will set you back $200...ONE WAY.  So on top of the 4 zillion dollars we've already spent, add $400.  So, once again our wonderful family came to the rescue.  My brother John is picking us up on Good Friday and Lee's brother drove us this morning.  Three hours in the car (NY rush hour) and one pull-over for making an illegal left hand turn. 
I rolled down the window.  
"Hi Officer...we're very nervous.  We are on our way to China to adopt a little girl" I say.
"Congratulations" he says as he walks back to the patrol car with Paul's registration and license.
He made us sweat it out for about 10 minutes, then he came back and gave Paul a stern warning.  God Bless the Summit, NJ Police !
Ok, so we get to the airport by 10, flight is at 12...no problem.  
Well there is one problem.  The flight is overbooked and apparently we don't exactly have seat assignments.  Which means a painstaking wait through security and an even more painstaking wait at the gate.  I was literally shaking and ready to burst into tears at any given moment.  Then they called Lee's name.  He has a seat. But I don't.  Goodbye Lee!  Enjoy China.  Oh wait, they do have a seat for me but we are not together.  Fourteen hours on a plane (actually 13 hours and 9 minutes) and we are 16 aisles apart unless that nice looking young lady will switch.  Oh yes, she said YES.  
Every seat has its own tv with a gazillion movies and tv shows to watch.  But no Golden Girls or King of Queens!  Good thing I can watch those on my laptop!  I watched "Blind Side" which was really good but then I started crying because I miss Anna.  I didn't write about that yet. We said good-bye to her this morning and     she was fine and I wasn't hysterical.  Weepy and sad and I didn't talk in the car but I wasn't hysterical.
Anna is home now with my sister Fran and my mom.  I think she is going to be fine.  They have so many things planned for her.  She will be very busy.  
Ok so I'm still on the plane.  I'm not one to sit and do nothing so I'm starting to go batty.  I wish we could get on the internet. 

2 comments:

  1. Christine!! I can't believe you went through all of that. Oh my. But you are there! Thank goodness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Granny used to say that "if it didn't kill you, it would make you stronger"...just think how amazing and strong you are!
    We are all living vicariously thru your Blog Posts and notes...what an adventure...with a wonderful outcome to be sure!
    xo

    ReplyDelete